Doubts and Faith

A few hours ago, I made a draft for a new blog entry, which would explain in detail about the recognition I have achieved over the few months, and how that some day I would have to stand up to our beliefs and argue for our cause. I was doubtful if I could actually make compelling arguments which would hurt the credibility of our organization. I had it nearly finished, and fully intending to publish it for the greater audience to read, when I started thinking: Do I really need to know how to debate on the Galnet?

From what I have witnessed about the arguments in the Intergalactic Summit and Galnet in general, they hardly if ever actually change anything, most of the time all the involved parties remain firmly rooted in their own beliefs. I have yet to witness any debate ending: "Yeah, you're actually right and I was wrong, I'll believe like you do now!", instead they continue on forever until they degrade into just insults being thrown around. Several Amarr have to deal with ignorant people constantly insulting their beliefs in reclamation and slavery, and especially their faith. One of them replied:

"And why should a God show itself? The purpose of the Faith is to believe, not to know for a certainty. Its is my Faith that armours me from doubt so that I do not fear the darkness of New Eden."
- Kador Ouryon
It may not be quite the same context as the matter I am discussing right now, but there is some merit to his words. They get a lot of crap thrown at them for their beliefs, some of it might be even true, but they continue have faith in their God. Isn't that really all that I need, unwavering faith on our cause? I might not be as good on defending it as Sakaane or Bataav might be, but I will still stand up to my beliefs when they are questioned.

ཟར༴ཐ٦ཡཐ༴ འཤན༴བ བ༴ཏ༴མ༴ར٦ ٦ནད༴བ٦ ༴འ٦٦ད ན٦བ༴༴ٲ 

No comments:

Post a Comment